This “Building a Home Financial Template” will give you piece of mind when keeping up with your building finances! This was such a life saver for us when we were building! I really loved the fact I could access all the information right from my phone! It is a live Google Sheet, so you and your spouse can be on the document at the same time!
I created several sheets to keep up with different costs and products that w purchased. The good thing is you can customize it to your needs! I have kept some information in there to hopefully get you started, but every build is different. You might have the things I have, or not! For example, we have a concrete slab foundation, and if you are building home with a basement, this will be called something different for you. But it’s just as simple as changing the name to tailor it to your needs!
You can start plugging in numbers for what your allowance is, and what you actually paid. Then the formulas will calculate if you are over or under. Giving totals at the bottom. Now, this could probably be something you might be able to create on your own, but for $15 bucks, why not? Save your self the time and stress ( cause you already have a lot of that right now with building, and life)!
What you will have access to:
- You will see exactly the break down of my bid from my builder (so helpful, if this is all new to you, but remember, every build and builder has different costs!)
- Examples from my building experience to help you get through yours, these numbers can be erased and filled in with your own numbers.
- Keeping track of what you have paid out of pocket (if any), what you have gone over on, and what you stayed right at budget with.
- Draw breakdowns to know what you have already paid for, and which helps with not being aren’t double charged.
- Out of pocket purchases on a separate sheet help you keep track of what you have already bought, where it’s from, cost, and where it’s going in the house.
- Basic allowance sheet that allows you to see what the builder has bid and broke it down into categories. There is also a section were you can add details about what each category.
- Some notes on how the template works, and how to start filling it in.
- Best of all, any information that is input is always accessible from your phone, tablet, or computer!
Purchase the Building a Home Financial Template Below!
This is download works best if you have Google Sheets. If you have a google email, then you have access to google sheets! If you do not have access to google sheets, then please download as an Excel sheet so it will work for you!
Thank you for all your support!